The Classical Revolution Conference in Chicago is over. So what’s next?
Violin-maker Ammon Weinstein has restored more than 30 violins played in the Holocaust as a way of speaking out and honoring the victims. This month’s exhibitions of his “Violins of Hope” in Charlotte, North Carolina, marked the first time these violins have been seen in either North or South America.
The Cincinnati Symphony has a new music director. Read on to learn more!
The Chicago-based Spektral Quartet has announced an ambitious project to highlight the fallout of modern warfare.
Are orchestra festivals elitist and inaccessible? Read on to learn more about a group of students who are try to change that!
This week’s Monday Daily Bow features insights on classical music from someone running an orchestra, as well as stories on bridging different musical traditions
This week Chicago will host the first International Classical Revolution Conference. Learn more about the movement and how it can impact classical music.
The St. Paul Orchestra’s new membership program gives you unlimited concerts–that’s 100 next season alone–for a mere $5 a month.
Interested in entering the highest paying violin competition in the world? Read on to learn more!
Seoul Philharmonic music director Chung Myung-whun has invited musicians from North Korea to join his annual pan-Asian orchestral performance with the Asia Philharmonic Orchestra. His goals are more musical than political, reminding us that music is a means to its own end, not merely a political tool.
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- On Veg Pets | Meatless Malcontent: [...] [...]...
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013