What’s a good match when it comes to selecting a new music director for a symphony? The Houston Symphony is looking for one, and an enthusiastic reviewer is speculating that Christoph Koenig might have that special something that makes it work.
Are there benefits to standing while performing in a string quartet? Read on to contribute to the growing debate!
In this week’s Monday Daily Bow, we highlight a master restorer of rare violins and a hip-hop violinist performing a medley from the Legend of Zelda, among other recent stories.
Butler University has announced plans to develop a $5 million fund for the implementation of ideas from within the Butler community. Classical musicians everywhere have thousands of ideas for our community. Where’s our fund?
Do cellos really seem that dangerous? Read on to hear about the feud between cellists and Scandinavia’s second largest airline!
The Kinshasa Symphony is sub-Saharan Africa’s only orchestra. It defies poverty and isolation to bring pride and joy in music to its city.
Read on to learn about another hot instrument on the market: the late Bernard Greenhouse’s “Countess of Stainlein” Stradivari!
Today’s Daily Bow is dedicated to stories of music leaving a powerful imprint on the hearts, minds, and lives of people.
Scientists, authors, musicians, and leaders in technology met in Toronto to discuss the very latest in educational thinking.
Read on to find out who Musical America named as the 2012 Musician of the Year!
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- carolinewhiddon: Colin, I ran across this story again tonight while...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013