The final installment of our interview with Jenna Baumgart! She’s back to share some more ideas with other performers on how to prevent injuries and offer her ideas for the future.
In the final installment of our interview with violist Michael Tree, Mr. Tree shares with us some of his concepts about practicing.
In Part 2 we hear from Jenna Baumgart about the research she conducted for her Master’s thesis. She offers advice to other music instructors on how to prevent injuries in their students.
In the continuation of our interview with violist Michael Tree he tells us how he became a violist, the start of the Guarneri Quartet, and some fascinating stories about The Guarneri and Artur Rubinstein recording project.
Brianna Richardson interviews Jenna Baumgart MA, who is an expert in the fields of musicians’ health and injury prevention. In the first of three parts she shares how she first got interested in these topics.
Hans Jørgen Jensen interviewed violist Michael Tree at the Young Artist Program in Ottawa, Canada on June 17, 2011. The interview will be published in three parts. In part I, Michael Tree talks about his early memories of violin study with his father Samuel Applebaum.
Cheri Collins offers an excellent series of exercises based off her article on the Schelleng Diagram!
What is the Schelleng Diagram? Find out, and see how it can help you play with better tone!
The Power of Not Sleeping? Sleep has a tremendous impact on our physical and mental health. No sleep may have an even greater inverse effect.
Check out this eclectic mix of 5 genres of music performed on cello and bassoon – all of the works are recorded on CD for the first time!
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- carolinewhiddon: Colin, I ran across this story again tonight while...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013