- The Malboro Music Festival is a “genuine laboratory or think tank” for artists to gain a greater understanding and appreciation about music that “audiences often take for granted.”
- Last week renowned Israeli violinist Ivry Gitlis performed in the Baltics on special invitation to the International Järvi Summer Festival.
- With orchestras folding all over the country, it’s nice to hear about a group celebrating its 70 + 1 anniversary this concert cycle.
- Great article on the history and development of minimalism…with a spotlight on Philip Glass, the “Mad Minimalist.”
- On the subject of minimalists, here is an interesting exploration of whether or not the cover art of Steve Reich’s new album “crosses the line of good taste.” (NPR wrote an article on this a couple weeks ago.)
Haven’t seen the image yet? Click on the small thumbnail underneath…