Continuing with our look at innovative initiatives in classical music education, we take a closer look at ArtistWorks and the educational model they have developed
Creative Director Colin Cronin looks at an education program that could represent the perfect model for online music education
Looking for an orchestra that’s not afraid to take risks and buck some old trends? Read on to learn more about the River Oaks Chamber Orchestra!
Composer Jeff Bryant has created a decidedly un-boring way to create music…and you can wear it. Take a look at his scarf-powered piano!
Composer Anthony Paul De Ritis provides the material for a remix cadenza! Read on to learn more.
Not really a fan of vegetables? Ben Houge’s compositions on the sound asparagus might change your mind about what the role of music is in dinner. Read on to learn more!
Have you ever wanted to hear Hilary Hahn do improv duets with prepared piano? Check out this unique collaboration on Hahn’s newest album: Silfra.
Are orchestra festivals elitist and inaccessible? Read on to learn more about a group of students who are try to change that!
Since its founding, the Detroit Chamber Winds and Strings has used innovation as one of its key business and artistic strategies. Read on to learn more about this inspirational organization!
The famous recording company and the world renowned conservatory have joined forces to start a new student recording initiative. Read on to learn more!
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- On Veg Pets | Meatless Malcontent: [...] [...]...
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- Interview with Jorja Fleezanis, Part 2 June 14, 2013
- Interview with Jorja Fleezanis, Part 1 June 10, 2013
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013