As a follow-up to our article on Carter Brey’s performance of the Bach Cello Suites, we take a more detailed look at the unique cellos by luthier James McKean used in the performances
For the first time in his career, NY Philharmonic Principal Cellist and Ovation Press editor Carter Brey will perform the complete Bach Cello Suites. Learn more about the concert and the Baroque-style instrumental setup he will play with!
Have you ever wanted to hear a remix of your favorite classical piece? That might become a reality sooner than you think. Read on to learn more!
Have you ever wondered how a pipa sounds in the context of a symphony orchestra? Read on to learn about this fascinating ensemble!
Is historically informed performance still vital to our understand to the works of Haydn, Beethoven, and others? Read on to learn about this fascinating debate!
Interested in getting a feel for the whole of 20th century music? Read on to learn more about a fascinating festival happening next year in London!
The Cairo Opera House recently started a new children’s concert initiative. Read on to learn more!
Streetwise Opera gives homeless people in the UK the opportunity to learn and perform in their own opera productions. Read on to learn more!
Three young composers form Manchester are creating a concert experience that speaks to the youth demographic. Read on to learn more!
Have you ever wondered how acrobats and contortionists can play into a symphony concert? Read on to learn more!
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- carolinewhiddon: Colin, I ran across this story again tonight while...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013