The Louisville Symphony continues in a deadlock, despite efforts by musicians like negotiating chair Kim Tichenor. The situation in Louisville has offered Tichenor a unique perspective on the path of the symphony for the next generation, and the answer lies in adaptation.
What could composition have in common with quarks and neutrinos? Read on to learn about this innovative new project!
Leading experts in the field of violin-making and radiology come together to recreate the legacy of Stradivarius with CT scans!
Hans Jensen interviews Dr. Eckart Altenmüller, Director of the Institute of Music Physiology and Musicians’ Medicine in Hanover, Germany and one of the world’s leading experts on focal dystonia.
What do classical music and the weather have in common? Quite a bit actually! At least in the United Kingdom… Classical music is taking the world by storm in more ways than one. Find out how!
Want to achieve a better tone? Purchase a better quality instrument. NOT SO FAST!! Find out what Scientists say about the Helmholtz Resonance Signature Mode!
Do you ever feel that your bow is too short? You might need to work on some bow speed exercises. Learn son filé exercises from the Masters!
Does music cure cancer? Of course not… but new research highlights the potential for it to benefit in a therapeutic manner.
Dr. Cheri Collins has added another tone production exercise – and this time with the help of Professor Simon Fischer. Get better tone now!
Cheri Collins offers an excellent series of exercises based off her article on the Schelleng Diagram!
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- carolinewhiddon: Colin, I ran across this story again tonight while...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013