Ovation Press editor Gerhard Roither joins us to talk about his world-class arrangements for cello ensemble
Stephen Geber shares his thoughts on different aspects of playing in orchestral music as a career, including bowings and the interaction among different members of orchestras
Cellist Stephen Geber sits down with Ovation Press for an exclusive interview in which he shares his personal experiences in developing a career in music
In the second of a three-part interview with Jeffrey Solow, Mr. Solow discusses some of the scores that he has arranged for us, sharing his professional experience as an editor
In the first of a three-part interview with Jeffrey Solow – cellist, teacher, advocate, and proflific artist – we explore Mr. Solow’s teaching philosophy and important pedagogical concepts which have shaped him and those who have studied with him
In a continuous of our series, acclaimed violinist, composer, and teacher Helmut Lipsky discusses teaching, pedagogy, and education
In the first of an exclusive multi-part cycle focusing on the work of acclaimed composer and musician Helmut Lipsky, Mr. Lipsky shares his thoughts with us on composition and his many projects
In a special featured interview, Hans Jensen talks to Danish cellist Andreas Brantelid, a true artist who has established himself as one of the youngest premier cellists at the forefront of the European musical scene!
Hans Erik Deckert, a former mentor of our co-founder Hans Jensen and new editor at Ovation Press, shares with us seven fantastic strategies for practice.
Have you ever had trouble motivating yourself to practice? Then this is for you. A special guest author offers some remarkable insights on how to make practicing more engaging, effective, and fun.
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- carolinewhiddon: Colin, I ran across this story again tonight while...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013