The classical club phenomenon has gone from a rarity to standard practice, and now the institutions are adopting it as a supplement to traditional concerts.
Ovation Press honors the life of a man who served music in a spirit of devotion, and subsequently helped to shape the world through music
It’s been a bumpy year for classical music, but the L.A. Times shines a light on the trend of nontraditional ensembles and how they’re making their way.
The Parnassus Project joins the effort to bring classical chamber music to alternative venues and audiences
If classical music is an acquired taste, it’s our responsibility as classical music advocates to help as many people “acquire” it!
Pianist, critic, and writer Charles Rosen passed away on December 9th at the age of 85, leaving us with his legacy of musicality, erudition, and refinement.
Could Soundcrawl, a music initiative drawing upon technology to “curate” the best and brightest, hold something valuable for classical music? Or is this the wrong direction for the classical genre?
The Venezuelan phenomenon El Sistema has taken hold across the globe–even making its way to at-risk children in Saskatoon, Canada.
Telecommunications and IT giant Nokia is employing classical music – and a 55-piece orchestra – in its latest round of mobile ringtones!
It’s that time of the year, when people compile their top lists of classical music albums. Here are a few for 2012!
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- On Veg Pets | Meatless Malcontent: [...] [...]...
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013