A recap of Ovation Press scores published in the month of March and April 2013: including the Schumann Romanze, Chopin Etude in E-flat minor, and four chorales from the Renaissance and early Baroque periods
As a follow-up to our article on Carter Brey’s performance of the Bach Cello Suites, we take a more detailed look at the unique cellos by luthier James McKean used in the performances
In the final article of our series, we look at several less-discussed aspects of the conversation on challenges facing musicians entering their professional field
For the first time in his career, NY Philharmonic Principal Cellist and Ovation Press editor Carter Brey will perform the complete Bach Cello Suites. Learn more about the concert and the Baroque-style instrumental setup he will play with!
In the second article of our series, we look at the question of reinventing classical music or classical audiences
A recap of Ovation Press scores published in the month of February 2013: including the chorale Aus tiefer Not, Delius’ Elegy, and some African American spirituals
A recent thread on LinkedIn spurs a look at what the professional landscape of classical music is lacking today
In this second article concluding our exclusive interview with acclaimed violinist and Ovation Press editor Norman Carol, we learn more about becoming a professional musician and a concertmaster
Join us for an exclusive interview with acclaimed violinist and Ovation Press editor Norman Carol in which he discusses his experiences over a prolific professional career in music
Guest author Tamara Holsinger, a classical cellist from Sri Lanka, continues sharing her experiences with Western classical music in her homeland
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- carolinewhiddon: Colin, I ran across this story again tonight while...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013