In the continuation of our interview with Community MusicWorks founder Sebastian Ruth, we discuss the issues of time management, creativity, and leadership.
Sebastian Ruth is a community partner, social entrepreneur, and musical visionary who founded Community MusicWorks. As a recipient of the MacArthur Fellowship, there is much for us to learn from him. READ ON and BE INSPIRED in part 1 of Mr. Ruth’s exclusive interview with String Visions.
String Visions interviews brilliant young violin talent Chad Hoopes at the Young Artists Program in Ottawa June 2011.
In the final installment of our interview with violist Michael Tree, Mr. Tree shares with us some of his concepts about practicing.
In the continuation of our interview with violist Michael Tree he tells us how he became a violist, the start of the Guarneri Quartet, and some fascinating stories about The Guarneri and Artur Rubinstein recording project.
Hans Jørgen Jensen interviewed violist Michael Tree at the Young Artist Program in Ottawa, Canada on June 17, 2011. The interview will be published in three parts. In part I, Michael Tree talks about his early memories of violin study with his father Samuel Applebaum.
Internationally acclaimed cellist, arranger, and Ovation Press editor Valter Dešpalj shares his thoughts on arranging music and the evolving body of cello repertoire.
Great insights can be found in the young. String Visions had the honor of interviewing visionary cellist Brannon Cho. Read on to learn from this amazing youth.
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- carolinewhiddon: Colin, I ran across this story again tonight while...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013