The New York Philharmonic has created a new honor dedicated to the promotion of new music. Read on to learn more!
The winner has been revealed in Hilary Hahn’s encore composition contest. Read on to discover the lucky winner!
The Russian violinist Andrey Baranov has claimed the top prize at the Queen Elisabeth Competition. Read on to learn more!
Interested in entering the highest paying violin competition in the world? Read on to learn more!
Interested in an international violin competition? One is coming to our own backyard in 2014!
Read on learn about the mysterious 27th composer in Hilary Hahn’s encore project!
Read on to follow up on the XIV International Tchaikovsky Competition and read a review of the London winner’s concert!
The first Cooper International Violin Competition is over. Read on to meet the winners!
Read on to hear more about Tchaikovsky Competition winner Narek Hakhnazaryan’s future plans!
Jeff Bradetich has an incredible wealth of wisdom and experience. Here, Mr. Bradetich offers some of his DOs and DON’Ts for musicians participating in competitions, as well as some great insights into mature performing.
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- On Veg Pets | Meatless Malcontent: [...] [...]...
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013