In a special featured interview, Hans Jensen talks to Danish cellist Andreas Brantelid, a true artist who has established himself as one of the youngest premier cellists at the forefront of the European musical scene!
Hans Erik Deckert, a former mentor of our co-founder Hans Jensen and new editor at Ovation Press, shares with us seven fantastic strategies for practice.
Guest Marion Harrington, founder of Zero2Maestro and Classical Music Connects, offers advice to musicians on dealing with performance anxiety.
Hartt School’s Associate Professor of Cello, Mihai Tetel, offers his guidance in helping young musicians realize the importance of their college years in shaping their professional career.
How long does it take for you to make a snap judgment about how good a performer is? That’s why first impressions are so powerful! Read on to learn more about how to make your first 20 seconds the best 20 seconds of music you’ve ever played!
In this update piece, we take a deeper look at the visionary efforts of editor Jeff Bradetich, as well as the many incredible contributions he has provided to us at Ovation Press and String Visions.
Blair Milton shares with us his personal and professional experiences as an orchestral musician, as well as some valuable practicing strategies in the conclusion to our interview with him.
In the final installment of the “How to Get Things Done” series, we go through the Three R’s that will Help You Succeed!
Ovation Press editor Blair Milton shares with us his thoughts on auditioning and orchestral excerpts in the first part of our new interview with him.
Not knowing the law, not having an official letter of invitation, and not telling the situation as it is sends Hans Jensen right back to Chicago… What can we learn from this story? Read on to find out!
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- On Veg Pets | Meatless Malcontent: [...] [...]...
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- Interview with Jorja Fleezanis, Part 2 June 14, 2013
- Interview with Jorja Fleezanis, Part 1 June 10, 2013
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013