Have you ever had trouble motivating yourself to practice? Then this is for you. A special guest author offers some remarkable insights on how to make practicing more engaging, effective, and fun.
Check out Angela Beeching’s great Monday Byte on coping with the unexpected! With the natural disaster of Hurricane Irene, there is perhaps no better time to reflect on this topic.
Today Angela Beeching ran a great “Monday Byte” drawing upon famous actor Kevin Spacey for advice. Learn from both of them!
Learn about how to practice more efficiently from Dr. Noa Kageyama, The Bulletproof Musician!
Consistency is the key behind any process. Practicing is no exception. Check out Emily Wright’s personal reflection on practicing and see what you can learn from it.
In the first cross-post of Angela Beeching’s “Monday Bytes,” we pose the question: “What’s Your Business Model?”
Emily Wright, a former student of mine from many years ago, runs a blog called the Stark Raving Cello. Last year she produced a very interesting article that fits well within the scope of Creative Music Ed found here on String Visions.
How to measure effective practice? A timeless question. Daniel Coyle lays out a gauge to do precisely this and help people “practice better.”
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- carolinewhiddon: Colin, I ran across this story again tonight while...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013