CMW fellow Annalisa Boerner writes about the importance of the “Practice Retreat”
First-year CMW fellow Lauren Thoman Latessa shares her first winter holiday experiences with Community MusicWorks
In this monthly installment of our View from a CMW Fellowship, Annalisa Boerner takes a look at the question of “how your workplace treats you”
First-year CMW fellow Lauren Thoman Latessa details her experiences with CMW at their Annual Bach Festival
In the first of a monthly series from Community MusicWorks Fellows, violist and first-year Fellow Annalisa Boerner shares her experience with CMW performing at the Armory Farmers Market
In a special featured interview, Hans Jensen talks to Danish cellist Andreas Brantelid, a true artist who has established himself as one of the youngest premier cellists at the forefront of the European musical scene!
In Cairo, the Al Nour Wal Amal Chamber Orchestra puts on concerts of western and eastern classical music, with the musical forces composed of 38 blind women. Read on to learn about this inspirational group!
The story of The Knights is an inspiring tale of young musicians finding themselves through music… and reshaping ideas about the way musicians collaborate professionally
In honor of Women’s History Month, we take a look at the music of composer Jennifer Higdon. Read on to learn more!
Sometimes, the most beautiful examples of music are the subtle, personal, and less-publicized ones.
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- carolinewhiddon: Colin, I ran across this story again tonight while...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013