Ovation Press looks back at 2012 to see what the top scores of the year were for each instrument
In this third and final part of our interview series with Jeffrey Solow, Mr. Solow shares his experiences and insights in the area of music advocacy
Ovation Press honors the life of a man who served music in a spirit of devotion, and subsequently helped to shape the world through music
Guest author Tamara Holsinger, a classical cellist from Sri Lanka, shares her perspectives on western music in a land of different classical traditions
The Parnassus Project joins the effort to bring classical chamber music to alternative venues and audiences
If classical music is an acquired taste, it’s our responsibility as classical music advocates to help as many people “acquire” it!
Could Soundcrawl, a music initiative drawing upon technology to “curate” the best and brightest, hold something valuable for classical music? Or is this the wrong direction for the classical genre?
Telecommunications and IT giant Nokia is employing classical music – and a 55-piece orchestra – in its latest round of mobile ringtones!
It’s that time of the year, when people compile their top lists of classical music albums. Here are a few for 2012!
A recent article on leadership in jazz has some important lessons to teach classical music
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- carolinewhiddon: Colin, I ran across this story again tonight while...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013