It is with great sadness that we mourn the loss of Janos Starker: one of the world’s greatest cellists, an unsurpassed teacher, and one of the legendary musical figures of our time.
The Zodiac Music Academy and Festival aims to draw talented music students from all over the world to the south of France
A tribute and look at the life of Carl F. Becker, the Chicago-based master luthier, who passed away at the end of January 2013
The classical club phenomenon has gone from a rarity to standard practice, and now the institutions are adopting it as a supplement to traditional concerts.
It’s been a bumpy year for classical music, but the L.A. Times shines a light on the trend of nontraditional ensembles and how they’re making their way.
Pianist, critic, and writer Charles Rosen passed away on December 9th at the age of 85, leaving us with his legacy of musicality, erudition, and refinement.
The Venezuelan phenomenon El Sistema has taken hold across the globe–even making its way to at-risk children in Saskatoon, Canada.
Lincoln Center and the New York Philharmonic have announced that they will go forward with the long-overdue redesign of Avery Fisher Hall.
Boston Symphony Orchestra principal cellist Jules Eskin is the patriarch of a family that has a long history in classical music.
British cellist and luthier Jonathan Beecher has high hopes for a new orchestra undertaking in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- On Veg Pets | Meatless Malcontent: [...] [...]...
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013