A year ago, we introduced you to the Kinshasa Symphony. Now, even CNN has found the story, and the symphony is going strong.
Lynn Harrell is the latest high-profile cellist to run into trouble with the industry that is rapidly becoming a musician’s worst nightmare: the airlines.
Detroit Symphony bassist Rick Robinson is resigning to pursue his Classical Revolution work. Why? Because, he says, “it’s a party, and everyone is invited.”
Kristin Tillotson of the Minneapolis Star Tribune has an answer for everyone who’s ever wondered what classical musicians really do for a living.
Critic Stephen Smoliar shows us that a fresh take on a familiar piece can give a new lease on our musical life.
Carnegie Hall kicks off its 2012 festival this week, entitled “Voices From Latin America.”
The 15th Beijing Music Festival wraps up today, and sponsor Credit Suisse has high hopes for the exchange between Western and Eastern classical communities.
Minnesota Orchestra musicians have been locked out since October 1st, and their plight shows us a lot of the ugly underbelly of orchestral administration.
Dr. Ludmilla Leibman of the Educational Bridge Project invites the musical community to connect in Boston during the 22nd Annual Russian-American Festival.
Music is into the recycling business, making old sounds new again with a fresh take. Jazz trio The Bad Plus gives “The Rite of Spring” an edgy overhaul.
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- On Veg Pets | Meatless Malcontent: [...] [...]...
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013