Lincoln Center and the New York Philharmonic have announced that they will go forward with the long-overdue redesign of Avery Fisher Hall.
A recent article on leadership in jazz has some important lessons to teach classical music
Boston Symphony Orchestra principal cellist Jules Eskin is the patriarch of a family that has a long history in classical music.
On November 30th, 2012 two very different performances were held in two very different parts of the world… but they both marked “firsts” in bringing together different cultures and societies through classical music
The battle between the Minnesota Orchestra’s musicians and board is heating up, with accusations of financial mismanagement and a no-confidence vote
British cellist and luthier Jonathan Beecher has high hopes for a new orchestra undertaking in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Classical Reinvention is aiming to change the way in which classical music is presented, marketed, and branded. Learn more!
A year ago, we introduced you to the Kinshasa Symphony. Now, even CNN has found the story, and the symphony is going strong.
A look at the record-label Naxos and where it stands in the classical music industry after a quarter-century
Gustavo Dudamel is doing more than just getting named musician of the year by Musical America! Find out more about what he’s been up to.
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- On Veg Pets | Meatless Malcontent: [...] [...]...
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- Interview with Jorja Fleezanis, Part 2 June 14, 2013
- Interview with Jorja Fleezanis, Part 1 June 10, 2013
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013