In this special guest article, Dr. Lars Hoefs writes about the hidden cellistic jewels of composer Heitor Villa-Lobos and the incredible stories behind them. Read on for this incredible survey of “Brazil, Bach, and the Cello!”
An Interview with International Violinist Robert McDuffie about a particular piece of music made just for him… by none other than Philip Glass.
Hanna Rumora, a ClassiCool Kid, shares her insights into the importance of classical music and her experiences working with young students
Not knowing the law, not having an official letter of invitation, and not telling the situation as it is sends Hans Jensen right back to Chicago… What can we learn from this story? Read on to find out!
Hans Jensen interviews Dr. Eckart Altenmüller, Director of the Institute of Music Physiology and Musicians’ Medicine in Hanover, Germany and one of the world’s leading experts on focal dystonia.
Check out this incredible performance of David Popper’s Polonaise de Concert for cello ensemble by editor Valter Dešpalj and available exclusively from Ovation Press.
Learn from Ovation Press editor Joseph de Pasquale’s personal and professional experiences with orchestras and conductors as our interview concludes in this second installment!
Check out part 1 of our interview with Ovation Press editor and professional violist Joseph de Pasquale!
Erin Keefe, a gifted soloist and chamber musician, will assume the position of concertmaster for the Minnesota Orchestra next week.
Cutting edge science helps us practice and study in a smarter and more effective way. Learn more about what musicians can learn from neuroscientists, cognitive scientists, and educational psychologists.
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- On Veg Pets | Meatless Malcontent: [...] [...]...
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013