Have you ever wondered whether the music of Fats Waller is compatible with J.S. Bach? Nigel Kennedy has the answer. Read on to learn more!
Can a modern music collective be a living work of art? Read on to learn more about this fascinating collaboration between the group Wild Up and the Hammer Museum in LA!
At the modern concert hall, which practices should stay, and which should go? Read on to learn more about a fascinating debate!
Have you ever heard a classical accordion performance? Read on to learn more about one man’s attempts to bring a neglected instrument into the spotlight!
In a recent interview, the pianist and conductor David Greilsammer how classical musicians must abandon their conservative tendencies and embrace the modern world. Read on to learn more!
A concert in Jerusalem to be given by the West-Eastern Divan Orchestra was cancelled this week after objections from rival political factions. Read on to learn more.
Conductor Daniel Barenboim paired two unusual concerts in concerts with West-Eastern Divan Orchestra last week. Read on to learn more!
The San Francisco Symphony Youth Orchestra received high praise from a some notoriously hard to please German music critics. Read on to learn more!
Think that surfing has nothing to do with Bach or Ligeti? Read on to learn more about a new project in which the two are used side by side!
London Symphony musicians were shocked last week to discover that they will have to mime during their performance at the opening ceremony of 2012 Olympic Games. Read on to learn more!
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- On Veg Pets | Meatless Malcontent: [...] [...]...
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- Interview with Jorja Fleezanis, Part 2 June 14, 2013
- Interview with Jorja Fleezanis, Part 1 June 10, 2013
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013