Would you like to walk socialize and walk around while you’re at an orchestra concert? If so, the New World Symphony has a new concert series just for you!
The Iowa Core is an educational rubric that sets standards for learning in many subject areas as students progress through the grades. Music is a newly-minted member of that Core, and the lessons learned from the standards set out in Iowa have the potential to serve as a focal point for a national discussion of standards in musical learning.
Paul Collard’s Creative Partnerships have been instrumental in re-making classroom experiences throughout Britain, Europe, and, now, Australia. See how he uses the visual and dramatic arts to make a big difference in how students learn. Maybe it’s time for music to get in on the act.
Scientists, authors, musicians, and leaders in technology met in Toronto to discuss the very latest in educational thinking.
One of the most exciting installments of the Monday Daily Bow yet. Check out classical music showcased alongside politics, race issues, social change, and an electronic DJ!
An innovative concept for festivals pushes classical music to “let its hair down.” Learn more about the La Folle Journée festival!
The Fairview Violin Project began in the fall of 2008 as a collaborative effort beween different educational organizations dedicated to helping children. Now a few years later it has expanded its reach and is helping more kids than ever before. Read on to learn more!
Are children who study music smarter? Learn more about cutting-edge research exploring this very question!
Rick Robinson is a Detroit Symphony Orchestra bassist and visionary who is energizing classical music and bringing it to new markets.
Learn more about the San Francisco Symphony. Unquestionably one of the world’s premier musical ensembles, it breathes life into classical music that reaches far beyond its Bay Area communities.
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- carolinewhiddon: Colin, I ran across this story again tonight while...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013