Score Spotlight: March & April 2013
A recap of Ovation Press scores published in the month of March and April 2013: including the Schumann Romanze, Chopin Etude in E-flat minor, and four chorales from the Renaissance and early Baroque periods
Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist
It is with great sadness that we mourn the loss of Janos Starker: one of the world’s greatest cellists, an unsurpassed teacher, and one of the legendary musical figures of our time.
A Musicians’ Retreat…
The Zodiac Music Academy and Festival aims to draw talented music students from all over the world to the south of France
Interview with Gerhard Roither
Ovation Press editor Gerhard Roither joins us to talk about his world-class arrangements for cello ensemble
Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life
As a follow-up to our article on Carter Brey's performance of the Bach Cello Suites, we take a more detailed look at the unique cellos by luthier James McKean used in the performances
What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3
In the final article of our series, we look at several less-discussed aspects of the conversation on challenges facing musicians entering their professional field
Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences
For the first time in his career, NY Philharmonic Principal Cellist and Ovation Press editor Carter Brey will perform the complete Bach Cello Suites. Learn more about the concert and the Baroque-style instrumental setup he will play with!
Interview with Stephen Geber, Part 2
Stephen Geber shares his thoughts on different aspects of playing in orchestral music as a career, including bowings and the interaction among different members of orchestras
Practice Retreat (CMW Fellows Series February 2013)
CMW fellow Annalisa Boerner writes about the importance of the "Practice Retreat"
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- carolinewhiddon: Colin, I ran across this story again tonight while...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013