Interview with Clive Greensmith, Part 2
Clive Greensmith with his new group, the Montrose Trio. Click to read part 2 of Dr. Nick Curry's interview, where Clive shares career tips for young musicians!
Interview with Clive Greensmith, Part 1
Clive Greensmith talks chamber music, teaching and more in the first of two interviews with guest contributor Nick Curry.
String Vision Interview with Clive Greensmith
An introduction by Ovation President Mike Buck about his very touching experience from the last concert by the Tokyo Quartet at the 2013 Norfolk Summer Festival.
Lawrence Hurst Receives Distinguished Achievement Award
Professor Emeritus Lawrence Hurst at Indiana University’s Jacobs School of Music has been awarded the 2013 Distinguished Achievement Award from the International Society of Bassists!
Interview with Bernard Zaslav
In an exclusive interview with acclaimed violinist, violist, and editor Bernard Zaslav, we learn more about the inspiration for his memoirs, his thoughts on the changing music world, and his work in arranging and transcribing music for the violin and viola
For a Dose of Classical Creativity… Bang on a Can!
Learn more about the groundbreaking 2013 Bang on a Can festival and the innovative music created from it
Celebrate 4th of July with Sousa’s Liberty Bell
Besides fireworks, there is perhaps no more iconic representation of American independence than the Liberty Bell. We invite you to celebrate this year's 4th of July holiday weekend with editor Stephen Watkins' fantastic cello ensemble arrangement of John Philip Sousa's Liberty Bell.
Interview with Jorja Fleezanis, Part 2
In this second part of our interview with acclaimed violinist and editor Jorja Fleezanis, we discuss the future of classical music and symphony orchestras, as well as her recently-published edition of the violin part for Don Juan by Richard Strauss
Score Spotlight: March & April 2013
A recap of Ovation Press scores published in the month of March and April 2013: including the Schumann Romanze, Chopin Etude in E-flat minor, and four chorales from the Renaissance and early Baroque periods
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- References | Musical Influence in Western Society: […] http://stringvisions.ovationpress.com/20...
- Ted Jones: I had better add that the offending finger was not...
- Ted Jones: The quote of Schumann contains a startling sentenc...
- gor: is it not possible he was suffering from more than...
- Gregory Beaver: So sorry to hear of this Emily. I have worse news,...
- Heidi: I have traveled with my guitars with few issues, b...
- Onyinye Etoniru: Thanks a lot for the information,its about taking ...
- Interview with Clive Greensmith, Part 2 February 27, 2014
- Interview with Clive Greensmith, Part 1 February 21, 2014
- String Vision Interview with Clive Greensmith February 9, 2014
- Lawrence Hurst Receives Distinguished Achievement Award July 25, 2013
- Interview with Bernard Zaslav July 12, 2013
- For a Dose of Classical Creativity… Bang on a Can! July 8, 2013
- Celebrate 4th of July with Sousa’s Liberty Bell July 5, 2013