Exclusive Interview with Erwin Schoonderwaldt (Part 2)
In part 2 of this exclusive interview, String Visions talks with Dr. Erwin Schoonderwaldt about how motion capture is changing the future of string playing.
Remembering Marc Johnson
Earlier this month, Marc Johnson, best known as cellist of the Vermeer Quartet, passed away. In tribute, Chicago Symphony cellist and former student Daniel Katz recalls his time with Marc.
Interview with Clive Greensmith, Part 2
Clive Greensmith with his new group, the Montrose Trio. Click to read part 2 of Dr. Nick Curry's interview, where Clive shares career tips for young musicians!
Interview with Clive Greensmith, Part 1
Clive Greensmith talks chamber music, teaching and more in the first of two interviews with guest contributor Nick Curry.
String Vision Interview with Clive Greensmith
An introduction by Ovation President Mike Buck about his very touching experience from the last concert by the Tokyo Quartet at the 2013 Norfolk Summer Festival.
Lawrence Hurst Receives Distinguished Achievement Award
Professor Emeritus Lawrence Hurst at Indiana University’s Jacobs School of Music has been awarded the 2013 Distinguished Achievement Award from the International Society of Bassists!
Interview with Bernard Zaslav
In an exclusive interview with acclaimed violinist, violist, and editor Bernard Zaslav, we learn more about the inspiration for his memoirs, his thoughts on the changing music world, and his work in arranging and transcribing music for the violin and viola
For a Dose of Classical Creativity… Bang on a Can!
Learn more about the groundbreaking 2013 Bang on a Can festival and the innovative music created from it
Celebrate 4th of July with Sousa’s Liberty Bell
Besides fireworks, there is perhaps no more iconic representation of American independence than the Liberty Bell. We invite you to celebrate this year's 4th of July holiday weekend with editor Stephen Watkins' fantastic cello ensemble arrangement of John Philip Sousa's Liberty Bell.
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- Watch inspiring violinist Roger Frisch play during brain surgery | Voxxi: […] a follow-up interview with String Vision...
- Doug Pine: But does all the heroin cancel out the big-brain a...
- Shelley: To get the green card and become a burden on lotte...
- google plus app for ipad: It's difficult to find knowledgeable people about...
- Edward Motter-Vlahakos: Sometimes, for me, getting students the music they...
- Shareen: I'd love to know about a classical bass player ve...
- Sin práctica no hay avances, pero ¿cuánto tiempo, cómo? | La voz cantada: […] #2: Encontré esta publicación bien pe...
- Exclusive Interview with Erwin Schoonderwaldt (Part 2) July 21, 2014
- Exclusive Interview with Erwin Schoonderwaldt (Part 1) May 7, 2014
- Remembering Marc Johnson April 28, 2014
- Interview with Clive Greensmith, Part 2 February 27, 2014
- Interview with Clive Greensmith, Part 1 February 21, 2014
- String Vision Interview with Clive Greensmith February 9, 2014
- Lawrence Hurst Receives Distinguished Achievement Award July 25, 2013