Interview with Jorja Fleezanis, Part 2
In this second part of our interview with acclaimed violinist and editor Jorja Fleezanis, we discuss the future of classical music and symphony orchestras, as well as her recently-published edition of the violin part for Don Juan by Richard Strauss
Interview with Jorja Fleezanis, Part 1
Hans Jensen interviews Ovation Press editor Jorja Fleezanis, former concertmaster of the Minnesota Orchestra from 1989 to 2009 and the second woman in the U.S. to hold the title of concertmaster in a major orchestra!
Score Spotlight: March & April 2013
A recap of Ovation Press scores published in the month of March and April 2013: including the Schumann Romanze, Chopin Etude in E-flat minor, and four chorales from the Renaissance and early Baroque periods
Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist
It is with great sadness that we mourn the loss of Janos Starker: one of the world’s greatest cellists, an unsurpassed teacher, and one of the legendary musical figures of our time.
A Musicians’ Retreat…
The Zodiac Music Academy and Festival aims to draw talented music students from all over the world to the south of France
Interview with Gerhard Roither
Ovation Press editor Gerhard Roither joins us to talk about his world-class arrangements for cello ensemble
Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life
As a follow-up to our article on Carter Brey's performance of the Bach Cello Suites, we take a more detailed look at the unique cellos by luthier James McKean used in the performances
What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3
In the final article of our series, we look at several less-discussed aspects of the conversation on challenges facing musicians entering their professional field
Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences
For the first time in his career, NY Philharmonic Principal Cellist and Ovation Press editor Carter Brey will perform the complete Bach Cello Suites. Learn more about the concert and the Baroque-style instrumental setup he will play with!
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- On Veg Pets | Meatless Malcontent: [...] [...]...
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- Interview with Jorja Fleezanis, Part 2 June 14, 2013
- Interview with Jorja Fleezanis, Part 1 June 10, 2013
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013