“I Saw Three Ships” sails in and anchors for the holidays
Add Stephen Watkins' cello octet arrangement of the popular Christmas carol I Saw Three Ships to your holiday repertoire, just in time for the season
Deckert arranges two works by Heinrich Schütz for cello ensemble
Two vocal settings by Early Baroque composer Heinrich Schütz are now available for cello ensemble
Fedor Amosov arranges “O Mio Babbino Caro” for cello sextet
New editor Fedor Amosov has arranged Puccini's famous aria "O Mio Babbino Caro" for cello sextet
Interview with Richard Birchall
We're excited to present an exclusive interview with cellist, composer, arranger, and Cellophony member/founder Richard Birchall. Mr. Birchall talks arranging for cello ensemble, the birth and development of his cello octet, and future plans.
Dešpalj Transcribes Middle/Late Baroque for Cello Ensemble
Internationally acclaimed cellist, arranger, and Ovation Press editor Valter Dešpalj has transcribed two works from Alessandro Stradella and Joseph Bodin de Boismortier
Score Spotlight: Oct 1-15, 2014
A recap of Ovation Press scores published in the first half of October 2014, including: Three Songs from Schwanengesang, Popper's Spinning Song, and two scores by Early Baroque composer Hans Leo Hassler
Classical MoCap Part 2: Systems and Applications of Motion Capture
We conclude our two part feature on "MoCap" by exploring three major motion capture systems and the application of one in particular to classical music
Classical MoCap Part 1: Intro to Motion Capture
Motion capture is a fascinating topic that has real practical applications in classical music! Read on to learn more about them.
Exclusive Interview with Erwin Schoonderwaldt (Part 2)
In part 2 of this exclusive interview, String Visions talks with Dr. Erwin Schoonderwaldt about how motion capture is changing the future of string playing.
- Quantas horas por dia você deve estudar? | Bruno Madeira: […] 2: Descobri esse interessante post sobre...
- amarasiri: i am ready always ,anywhere,will combine with orch...
- Dešpalj Transcribes Middle/Late Baroque for Cello Ensemble - String Visions | from Ovation Press: […] Learn more about Valter Dešpalj and his...
- search engine: Thank you, I've just been looking for info approx...
- Classical MoCap Part 2: Motion Capture Systems & Applications: […] part 1 we looked at an overview of motio...
- Classical MoCap Part 1: Intro to Motion Capture: […] Back in May we first introduced String V...
- Classical MoCap Part 1: Intro to Motion Capture: […] Physiology and Musicians’ Medicine in ...
- “I Saw Three Ships” sails in and anchors for the holidays November 15, 2014
- Deckert arranges two works by Heinrich Schütz for cello ensemble November 7, 2014
- Fedor Amosov arranges “O Mio Babbino Caro” for cello sextet October 29, 2014
- Interview with Richard Birchall October 22, 2014
- Dešpalj Transcribes Middle/Late Baroque for Cello Ensemble October 20, 2014
- Score Spotlight: Oct 1-15, 2014 October 15, 2014
- Classical MoCap Part 2: Systems and Applications of Motion Capture October 5, 2014