Interview with Richard Birchall
We're excited to present an exclusive interview with cellist, composer, arranger, and Cellophony member/founder Richard Birchall. Mr. Birchall talks arranging for cello ensemble, the birth and development of his cello octet, and future plans.
Dešpalj Transcribes Middle/Late Baroque for Cello Ensemble
Internationally acclaimed cellist, arranger, and Ovation Press editor Valter Dešpalj has transcribed two works from Alessandro Stradella and Joseph Bodin de Boismortier
Score Spotlight: Oct 1-15, 2014
A recap of Ovation Press scores published in the first half of October 2014, including: Three Songs from Schwanengesang, Popper's Spinning Song, and two scores by Early Baroque composer Hans Leo Hassler
Classical MoCap Part 2: Systems and Applications of Motion Capture
We conclude our two part feature on "MoCap" by exploring three major motion capture systems and the application of one in particular to classical music
Classical MoCap Part 1: Intro to Motion Capture
Motion capture is a fascinating topic that has real practical applications in classical music! Read on to learn more about them.
Exclusive Interview with Erwin Schoonderwaldt (Part 2)
In part 2 of this exclusive interview, String Visions talks with Dr. Erwin Schoonderwaldt about how motion capture is changing the future of string playing.
Remembering Marc Johnson
Earlier this month, Marc Johnson, best known as cellist of the Vermeer Quartet, passed away. In tribute, Chicago Symphony cellist and former student Daniel Katz recalls his time with Marc.
Interview with Clive Greensmith, Part 2
Clive Greensmith with his new group, the Montrose Trio. Click to read part 2 of Dr. Nick Curry's interview, where Clive shares career tips for young musicians!
Interview with Clive Greensmith, Part 1
Clive Greensmith talks chamber music, teaching and more in the first of two interviews with guest contributor Nick Curry.
- Dešpalj Transcribes Middle/Late Baroque for Cello Ensemble - String Visions | from Ovation Press: […] Learn more about Valter Dešpalj and his...
- search engine: Thank you, I've just been looking for info approx...
- Classical MoCap Part 2: Motion Capture Systems & Applications: […] part 1 we looked at an overview of motio...
- Classical MoCap Part 1: Intro to Motion Capture: […] Back in May we first introduced String V...
- Classical MoCap Part 1: Intro to Motion Capture: […] Physiology and Musicians’ Medicine in ...
- Eight Tips for Healthy Practicing | Music and Wellness: […] Richardson, Brianna. “Tips for Healt...
- Watch inspiring violinist Roger Frisch play during brain surgery | Voxxi: […] a follow-up interview with String Vision...
- Interview with Richard Birchall October 22, 2014
- Dešpalj Transcribes Middle/Late Baroque for Cello Ensemble October 20, 2014
- Score Spotlight: Oct 1-15, 2014 October 15, 2014
- Classical MoCap Part 2: Systems and Applications of Motion Capture October 5, 2014
- Classical MoCap Part 1: Intro to Motion Capture September 29, 2014
- Exclusive Interview with Erwin Schoonderwaldt (Part 2) July 21, 2014
- Exclusive Interview with Erwin Schoonderwaldt (Part 1) May 7, 2014