Lawrence Hurst Receives Distinguished Achievement Award
Professor Emeritus Lawrence Hurst at Indiana University’s Jacobs School of Music has been awarded the 2013 Distinguished Achievement Award from the International Society of Bassists!
Interview with Bernard Zaslav
In an exclusive interview with acclaimed violinist, violist, and editor Bernard Zaslav, we learn more about the inspiration for his memoirs, his thoughts on the changing music world, and his work in arranging and transcribing music for the violin and viola
For a Dose of Classical Creativity… Bang on a Can!
Learn more about the groundbreaking 2013 Bang on a Can festival and the innovative music created from it
Celebrate 4th of July with Sousa’s Liberty Bell
Besides fireworks, there is perhaps no more iconic representation of American independence than the Liberty Bell. We invite you to celebrate this year's 4th of July holiday weekend with editor Stephen Watkins' fantastic cello ensemble arrangement of John Philip Sousa's Liberty Bell.
Interview with Jorja Fleezanis, Part 2
In this second part of our interview with acclaimed violinist and editor Jorja Fleezanis, we discuss the future of classical music and symphony orchestras, as well as her recently-published edition of the violin part for Don Juan by Richard Strauss
Score Spotlight: March & April 2013
A recap of Ovation Press scores published in the month of March and April 2013: including the Schumann Romanze, Chopin Etude in E-flat minor, and four chorales from the Renaissance and early Baroque periods
Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist
It is with great sadness that we mourn the loss of Janos Starker: one of the world’s greatest cellists, an unsurpassed teacher, and one of the legendary musical figures of our time.
A Musicians’ Retreat…
The Zodiac Music Academy and Festival aims to draw talented music students from all over the world to the south of France
Interview with Gerhard Roither
Ovation Press editor Gerhard Roither joins us to talk about his world-class arrangements for cello ensemble
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- Heidi: I have traveled with my guitars with few issues, b...
- Onyinye Etoniru: Thanks a lot for the information,its about taking ...
- Onyinye Etoniru: it's pretty disheartening,there is truly a gap be...
- Goodnight Sam: Great post! My problem is finding the time to prac...
- Wendy: Here's another way to practice the son filé: wit...
- Marthinus: Eugene Ysaye....
- The Bare Necessities Part 1 | Practical Cello: [...] basic, but having an adequate music stand ca...
- Lawrence Hurst Receives Distinguished Achievement Award July 25, 2013
- Interview with Bernard Zaslav July 12, 2013
- For a Dose of Classical Creativity… Bang on a Can! July 8, 2013
- Celebrate 4th of July with Sousa’s Liberty Bell July 5, 2013
- Interview with Jorja Fleezanis, Part 2 June 14, 2013
- Interview with Jorja Fleezanis, Part 1 June 10, 2013
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013