Have you ever wondered how acrobats and contortionists can play into a symphony concert? Read on to learn more!
Have you ever heard a piece that uses actual recordings of earthquakes along with orchestra? Read on to learn more!
A stalemate in negotiations regarding the musicians’ contract at the Atlanta Symphony has resulted in some ugly consequences. Read on to learn more.
Have you ever wondered whether the music of Fats Waller is compatible with J.S. Bach? Nigel Kennedy has the answer. Read on to learn more!
The ME2/orchestra of Vermont recently played a series of concerts for the Vermont prison system. Read on to learn more about this fascinating project!
Stumped about how a kid could ever be interested in classical music? Read on to learn a few tips from conductor Joel Revzen!
Many remember Marvin Hamlisch, who recently died at the age of 68, as the composer of A Chorus Line and The Sting. Read on to learn about this fascinating man!
Can a modern music collective be a living work of art? Read on to learn more about this fascinating collaboration between the group Wild Up and the Hammer Museum in LA!
Have you ever heard a classical accordion performance? Read on to learn more about one man’s attempts to bring a neglected instrument into the spotlight!
In a recent interview, the pianist and conductor David Greilsammer how classical musicians must abandon their conservative tendencies and embrace the modern world. Read on to learn more!
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- carolinewhiddon: Colin, I ran across this story again tonight while...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013