Cellist Alisa Weilerstein has been named a 2011 MacArthur Fellow! Read on for more about this amazing visionary!
In a special guest post, violinist Jaakko Ilves from the Sibelius Academy in Helsinki, Finland shares his thoughts about legendary violinist Florian ZaBach and his rendition of “The Hot Canary.”
Life works out funny sometimes. One moment you are thinking about how to put together a concert, the next a festival falls in your lap!
An Innovative Ensemble and Workshop is bringing Chinese Chamber Music into the Modern age
The Marphe Quartet, comprised of four remarkable young talents from all over the world, will perform at Turkey’s International Festival.
A little shop in Durham, North Carolina is making headlines with a specialized product: electric string instruments!
In the continuation of our interview with Community MusicWorks founder Sebastian Ruth, we discuss the issues of time management, creativity, and leadership.
Does music cure cancer? Of course not… but new research highlights the potential for it to benefit in a therapeutic manner.
MPR Classical has chosen its latest artist-in-residence. He’s only 17, and he’s someone we know!
Sebastian Ruth is a community partner, social entrepreneur, and musical visionary who founded Community MusicWorks. As a recipient of the MacArthur Fellowship, there is much for us to learn from him. READ ON and BE INSPIRED in part 1 of Mr. Ruth’s exclusive interview with String Visions.
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- carolinewhiddon: Colin, I ran across this story again tonight while...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013