Jeff Bradetich, internationally acclaimed double bassist, music professor, and editor at Ovation Press, has recorded three fantastic video interviews on his exclusive arrangements. With these pairings, we have great insight into the minds behind the music.
Classical music has a fascination with prodigies, but this sometimes leaves the majority of its participants and supporters out in the cold. In honor of a columnist in the Spokane Spokesman-Review who has shared her experiences as a beginning cello student, we take a look at the question of age and value in classical music.
Could gut strings really cause mad disease? Read on to learn about the fight between musicians and government officials in the EU!
Music is a powerful force that often transcends what we can express in words. This week’s Monday Daily Bow features three incredible stories involving violins and their musicians who survived some of the worst that life can throw at us.
A flash mob performance of Ravel’s “Bolero” went viral after videos of the event went public in May of this year. Articles about and videos of the event have been steadily accumulating since then, but will the sentiment behind it–the urge to spontaneously brighten strangers’ days–go viral too?
Read on to hear about how Joshua Roman brings his cello playing to audiences in more than just the usual ways!
What’s a good match when it comes to selecting a new music director for a symphony? The Houston Symphony is looking for one, and an enthusiastic reviewer is speculating that Christoph Koenig might have that special something that makes it work.
Are there benefits to standing while performing in a string quartet? Read on to contribute to the growing debate!
An Interview with International Violinist Robert McDuffie about a particular piece of music made just for him… by none other than Philip Glass.
In this week’s Monday Daily Bow, we highlight a master restorer of rare violins and a hip-hop violinist performing a medley from the Legend of Zelda, among other recent stories.
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- carolinewhiddon: Colin, I ran across this story again tonight while...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013