Air travel with musical instruments has become a nightmare. Read these horror stories and share your own: it’s time for airlines to read about themselves and make big changes.
The ME2/orchestra of Vermont recently played a series of concerts for the Vermont prison system. Read on to learn more about this fascinating project!
There’s a lot of talk about what the rise of a strong Asian presence in classical music means, some of it admiring, some of it negative. Here’s one take.
Looking to help your child become more compassionate? Music might be the key. Read on to learn more!
An article from 1994 on “What Makes a Musician” highlight how powerful words can be in effecting change long after they are written
The Guardian has collaborated with Spotify to collect data on what music is important to people and why–and you can help by creating your own soundtrack.
Stumped about how a kid could ever be interested in classical music? Read on to learn a few tips from conductor Joel Revzen!
Today is French composer Claude Debussy’s 150th birthday! Despite his prominence, there’s been little fanfare about the big day–but there should be more.
Many remember Marvin Hamlisch, who recently died at the age of 68, as the composer of A Chorus Line and The Sting. Read on to learn about this fascinating man!
Valter Dešpalj has published four different cello ensemble arrangements from different periods.
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- On Veg Pets | Meatless Malcontent: [...] [...]...
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013