The Russian violinist Andrey Baranov has claimed the top prize at the Queen Elisabeth Competition. Read on to learn more!
Brooklyn Philharmonic CEO Richard Dare wants you to loosen up at concerts–maybe clapping between movements is not a sin after all.
After three decades of service to the New York Philharmonic, concertmaster Glenn Dicterow announced last Thursday that he will be leaving to take a teaching position at USC. Read on to learn more!
Hundreds of students everywhere choose to challenge themselves in school. Will they choose to challenge themselves with music if we give them the chance? A look at Utah’s International Baccalaureate programs sends the classical music community a message of hope.
Verbier is adding a new program to its annual summer festival designed for young musicians. Read on to learn more!
Philip Hensher contends that classical music is on the verge of extinction. There’s more hope than he realizes–but it’ll be work to help good classical music survive.
Have you ever wanted to hear Hilary Hahn do improv duets with prepared piano? Check out this unique collaboration on Hahn’s newest album: Silfra.
This Monday’s Daily Bow marks the life and death of Maurice Sendak, illustrator of Where the Wild Things Are, who also made his mark in classical music.
A highlight of recently released scores at Ovation Press for viola, bass, and string ensemble from editors Alan Bodman, Amy Barlowe, Edwin Barker, and Michael Tree!
Personal technology is making inroads in classical music, but what does the iPad generation mean for classical music?
Follow @ovationpress on Twitter
- Adventures in Bedbug Exposure | Playing on the Brink: [...] [...]...
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life - String Visions | from Ovation Press: [...] As we reported last week, Mr. Brey chose to ...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for letting us know. If you have any links ...
- Colin Cronin: Sorry it is coming a little later than I would hav...
- Colin Cronin: Thanks for your comments Richard! Much appreciated...
- Richard Roberts, concertmaster -Montreal Symphony: Great interview from one of the greatest solo 'ce...
- carolinewhiddon: Colin, I ran across this story again tonight while...
- Score Spotlight: March & April 2013 May 3, 2013
- Honoring the Life of Janos Starker, Master Cellist April 30, 2013
- A Musicians’ Retreat… April 29, 2013
- Interview with Gerhard Roither April 3, 2013
- Bach to the Future: Bringing Baroque Music to Life April 1, 2013
- What Classical Musicians’ Lack, Part 3 March 26, 2013
- Brey and McKean Bring Baroque Bach to Audiences March 25, 2013